Art Lover Itinerary
We value the arts in Fort Collins and display our local talent throughout the community. In Old Town, public art can be seen down alley ways, on electrical boxes and statues placed all around the area. Pianos About Town, painted by local artists, can be seen in different Fort Collins locations, while art shops line the Old Town streets. Fort Collins is an art lover’s paradise thanks to the art that encompasses the town. Experience the artsy town of Fort Collins with eyes wide open.
Check into a room at the Armstrong Hotel
An Old Town Fort Collins landmark, the iconic Armstrong Hotel is happy to welcome your whole family to the hotel. Their dog friendly rooms include a comfy Pendleton dog bed, a New Belgium Brewery dog bowl and plenty of local treats to snack on. While your pup will be more than pleased with the accommodations, so will you. The hotel recently reopened in spring 2019 after a complete remodel honoring the hotel’s 95-year history. The new look features an eclectic mix of earthy, natural and jewel tones juxtaposed with industrial elements, such as vintage leather, wood, and metals throughout. Visit this page for more details on the hotel’s pet policy.
- 259 S. College Ave
- (970) 484-3883
- Starry Night, locally roasted, organic fair trade coffee served to the community of Fort Collins for over 20 years.
- 112 S College Ave #100
- Little Bird Bakeshop, local delicious, made-from-scratch pastries, cakes, pies and every other sweet treat you desire.
- 11 Old Town Square #121
Visit the Fort Collins Museum of Art
Housed in the old Post Office of Fort Collins this art museum is in and of itself, a piece of art.
- 201 S. College Ave
- (970) 482-2787
Check out The Center for Fine Art Photography and Trimble Court Artisans
The Center for Fine Art Photography displays photo exhibitions in three galleries and offers free admission, and Trimble Court Artisans features artistic goods for sale from local artists.
- 321 Maple St.
Trimble Court Artisans, an art and craft co-op gallery featuring unique work from over 50 local Colorado artists.
- 118 Trimble Court
- Big Al’s Burgers and Dogs, serves up all American classic type of grub like gourmet hot dogs, creative cheeseburgers and hand-cut fries.
- 140 W Mountain Ave
- Choice City Butcher and Deli, a true Fort Collins hidden gem serving up some of the best breakfast, sandwiches, burgers and cuts of meat around.
- 104 W Olive St
Visit the Bas Bleu Gallery
Housed in the historic Giddings Building, the Bas Bleu Gallery in Fort Collins hosts six visual art exhibits a year, featuring local and regional artists. This is also the home to Bas Bleu Theatre Company, which hosts a number of plays throughout the year.
- 401 Pine St
- (970) 498-8949
First Friday Art Walk
Enjoy Downtown Fort Collins’ thriving gallery scene! The walk features nearly 20 galleries located all within walking distance in historic Downtown Fort Collins. This event occurs every first Friday of each month.
- RARE Italian, a unique restaurant in Old Town Fort Collins that has perfected a delicious farm-to-table Italian cuisine as it is prepared and enjoyed in Italy.
- 101 S College
- ND StreetBar, enjoy scrappy street food, born from pandemic pivots under Head Chef, Michael Bertozzi.
- 100 N College
After Dinner Drinks:
- Elliot’s Martini Bar, one of Fort Collins’ first craft cocktail bars serving up creative and sophisticated martinis.
- 234 Linden St
- Sunset Longue, Our all-weather, open-air jazz bar atop The Elizabeth Hotel sets a picturesque backdrop to savor the finest drinks and Front Range Mountain views.
- 111 Chestnut
Authentic to Fort Collins
Museums & Art Galleries
Museums in Fort Collins feature everything from hands-on activities to cultural exhibits. Multiple art galleries showcase a plethora of styles and talent. It’s easy to spend an entire day...Learn More
Arts & Entertainment
Between CSU’s world-class performing arts center, local community and professional acting troupes, traveling Broadway shows, venues devoted entirely to musical theatre (with and without dinner),...Learn More
Sip and swirl at a local winery and learn about viniculture. Ten Bears Winery just down the road in Laporte offers visitors the chance to enjoy local win of the region.Learn More
Searching for Fort Collins restaurants everyday ends up being an enjoyable activity when visiting our destination because there are so many delicious dining choices! Restaurant...Learn More